This a new service introduced by the Board of Inland Revenue (BIR) to assist taxpayers who have not yet registered for e-Tax with ttconnect to file their returns on the e-Tax homepage at https://etax.ird.gov.tt.
The process for accessing the ‘Non-Logged In Returns Service’ is as follows:
- Have on hand, your BIR file Number, PAYE/VAT Account Number and BIR Letter ID Number. (This number can be found on any ‘Official Receipt’ or ‘Advice of Assignment of BIR Number and Account Numbers’)
- Go to https://etax.ird.gov.tt.
- Click on the ‘Prepare a Return’ link, under the Non-Logged In Services section
- Use BIR numbers, listed in (1) above to complete the verification process
- Enter details on return online
- Print ‘Declaration Form’ and Summary
- Review and verify the data entered on the Summary (The Summary is to be retained for your personal records)
- Sign the printed ‘Declaration Form’ and submit same to any of the Division’s Regional or District Revenue Offices. (A full list of office locations can be found at http://www.ird.gov.tt/locations).
Please note that the return cannot be processed without the submission of the signed ‘Declaration Form’.