In an effort to improve the protection of your taxpayer data from unauthorised access and identity theft, the Inland Revenue Division will be increasing the complexity of the PIN/password used to login to e-Tax. Your e-Tax password requirements will change from the currently used four (4) to six (6) digit PIN to now meet the following criteria:
- Be at least eight (8) characters long
- Contain characters from each of the following four (4) categories:
- English uppercase letters (A through Z)
- English lowercase letters (a through z)
- Numeric characters (0 through 9)
- Non-alphanumeric characters (for example !, @, #, $, %)
- Cannot be the same as any of your twelve (12) previous e-Tax passwords
This change will take effect on November 3rd, 2018. From that date you will be required to set a new password on your next login to e-Tax and your password will expire every ninety (90) days.
Please note that your ttconnect password is separate from your e-Tax password and must be maintained accordingly.