In keeping with the Model 1 Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) signed between the United States of America and The Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, the Inland Revenue Division (IRD) will collect and forward FATCA report submissions prepared by registered Financial Institutions (FIs).
The Registration Guide provides the instructions for a FI to complete the registration process. It includes:
- Information required for registration
- Documents required to support registration
Report Submission Guide
The Report Submission Guide show the process for a FI to submit a report. It can be summarized as follows:
- Log into e-Tax
- Click on the FATCA tab
- Request a submission code
- Retrieve the submission code
- Click on the Submit File link
- Enter the submission code
- Enter the GIIN and Reporting year
- Select the submission type
- Attach the xml file and click submit
File Preparation Guide
The File Preparation Guide identifies some primary online resources provided by IRS for FATCA file preparation, provides some xml document guidelines and describes the validation done during the file submission process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Frequently asked questions about the FATCA process.
Error Message Guide
The FATCA Error Message Guide lists some of the possible errors a FI can receive with a short description, and possible resolutions.